Friday, May 9, 2008

Photo Assignment #1 - Completed by Miss Ashley

Photo Assignment # 1 = A tough one!
My inspiration? Infrastructure. The urban form. Gabriele Basilico (check him here too). His photos are so still, quiet, almost eerily so. But graceful too. I was also inspired by Bernd and Hilla Becher's stuff. I think when I get some more time, I'll try to track down some of the infrastructure around town to shoot--water treatment plants, power plants, cranes, the stuff of urban life.

My process? There's a stretch of freeway being built by my work for the transit station downtown. I've walked by it and watched it from my perch on the 28th floor of a building next door. I wanted to capture this..It proved harder than I thought. Not totally happy with these shots but it's a start....probably why there's more words than photos in this post.


Can't wait to see more....

1 comment:

phatty albert said...

I like the last one the best, the difference in lighting and glass on the building makes my eyes stare. ;)